Thursday, March 29, 2007

Finally, It's A Hat!

I've been looking at my artyarns supermerino all winter and finally finished a hat, just in time for spring! I am most proud of this hat for the way I completed the top. After knitting the hat once, I realized it was too short to fit down over the ears. So, I frogged the top 1/3, planning to finish off the top with a good length of Knit Picks' Andean Silk, chocolate.

After a few rounds, I saw how the Knit Picks chocolate blended so nicely with the Artyarn that I ended up striping the chocolate with the Artyarn for what I think is a beautiful finish. Now that the hat is all said and done, the remaining artyarn measures only about 20 inches - that's calling it close!

Pattern: Barbara Albright, Ooh La Loopy Hat, Interweave Knits Gifts Holiday 2006
Yarn: Artyarn Supermerino #114 and Knit Picks, Andean Silk, Chocolate #23514.
Needles: US 5 dpns
Note: I did not do a gauge swatch. For this hat CO 88 sts, K even to 71/2" fits a 20" head.
Start Date: 3/09/07
Finish Date: 3/24/07

2 comments:

Marsha said...

This hat looks great! I am inspired to knit one, too.

"I did not do a gauge swatch." My, you do like living dangerously, don't you? :)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous hat. Wonderful things come from "happy accidents" - I should know, I make plenty of knitty mistakes!