Friday, June 03, 2011

3 June 1989

60.2 miles - Cortez to Campground East of Rico

$2 CampSuds
$3.50 fig newtons and drinks

It's only 7:30 pm, but I'm in my sleeping bag and I feel exhausted. It was a tough ride for me today. We rode 60.2 miles to a campground E. of Rico, CO. The stream, Delores River, sounds lovely. It will get cold tonight. My bowels are acting weird...(do I really want to post about my digestive system on my blog)

Tomorrow we ride 20 miles into Telluride over Lizard Head Pass. Today took us through some lovely country - hard to believe we're just 65 miles away from desert. Got a photo of Rico P.O. I did a lot of thinking today about what I'm going to do. Monday I'll call the guy in Pittsburgh and decline the job inquiry. Tomorrow I talk to Jen and David. I hope I can reach both of them. I'm going to try and relax and enjoy the trip. I don't need to be thinking all the time about what I'm going to do later. I need to enjoy this trip for what it is - great! After this trip will be an excellent time to start training for a triathlon. I'll be in good shape to train. I'll write Brad now; that's what I'll do!


No comments: