Sunday, June 22, 2008

Socks and Scarf

At Bethany Beach I made a lot of progress on knitting projects.  I started a new pair of socks for me with Panda Cotton. I had two socks knit to the heel beginning, but I frogged sock B last night after realizing I had caston four fewer stitches than sock A.  After trying it on, I decided I really needed those four stitches for a comfortable fit.


I made good progress on my landscape scarf as well.  It is fun to work on, but I find that it takes a great deal of concentration for me. Luckily I have the simple socks on needles now for mindless knitting.

I also took a good look at the Mobeius scarf I made awhile back.  It would be nice if it were a bit wider, but I tried a few times and did not like the way it was looking.  I've decided to leave it the way it is and make my next wider.  The scarf drapes fine when it is wrapped twice around my head and I like the way it fits as a gaiter.  If it were wider it would work better when I pull it up over my ears.  Oh, well, next time.

No comments: